11/18/08

Misc. Ramblings

I know it's been awhile since I posted, so let me start with a couple of funny stories

#1
Preston is sitting in the very back of the Explorer and we are parked at Sonic with Mom & Jene. I am driving, therefore ordering, and Mom says she wants a bacon-cheeseburger toaster. Preston appears to be deep into watching the Walking with Dinosaurs movie, when we hear this from the backseat, "You're going to eat a toaster for supper?" Doesn't get any better than this!

#2
Some things you must know about Thanksgiving. This took place on the way home from Protection yesterday...
PDS: " Mom, did you know that the Pilgrims and Indians had deer and birds and corn and vegetables and had a feast and that was the first Thanksgiving?"
Mom: "Cool, I can't believe you know all that."
PDS: "Yeah and did you know that the Pilgrims came over here because they couldn't worship God and they rode on the Mayflower and that's a ship and it came across the ocean from China!"

I am pretty sure you didn't know the Pilgrims were CHINESE! Who really knows, maybe one or two of them were! I started to giggle and PDS wanted to know what was so funny, so I had to make up some story about the Mayflower being a silly name for a ship! Then when Preston asked what the other ships were named I commented that one was the Cornflower and you would have thought me to be a stand-up comedian by the laughter this elicited from the backseat! Anyways, you gotta love kids and there little minds.

Preston came home today teaching me sign language that he learned in school. And his teacher told me last week that most of his class is ready to start reading....READING in preschool!! Hard for this momma to believe, but I know he is because he is constantly wanting to know how to spell words and he can sound words out with a little bit of help.

Okay, now for Cambree. She is a ball of fire like usual! But today she just melted my heart. We have been attending Sunday School at church and during their time they sing bible songs and learn verses and stories. They usually don't like to share too much about what they are doing, so imagine my suprise today when CJS started singing a song. We were getting into the car and I told her to be careful....with which she replied,

"little eyes what you see." AHHHHH! What a little sponge she must be on Sunday mornings. And she has a sort of rock-star version of Jesus loves me, that just cracks me up!

I had an AtHome America Party last night to hopefully get some lamps for our bedroom...anyways, I went with a Mexican theme for snacks and Megan made my evening by calling and asking for a couple of recipes. That always makes me feel good when people request my recipes! So here they are...

Kwik Korn Chip Dip
11-oz. can sweet corn and diced peppers, drained
14-1/2 oz. can tomatoes with green chile peppers
8-oz. pkg. shredded cheddar cheese
1 c. sour cream
6 to 10 green onions, sliced

Combine all ingredients together; refrigerate at least one hour. Makes 5 cups

South Street Tortilla Roll-ups

8-oz. pkg cream cheese
1 lg onion, chopped small
8-oz. sour cream
1-1/4 oz. pkg taco seasoning
8-oz. shredded cheddar cheese
4-1/2 oz. can chopped green chiles, drained
2 tomatoes, chopped and drained
hot pepper sauce to taste
10 flour tortillas

Combine cream cheese, onion, sour cream and taco seasoning until smooth. Fold in cheese, chilies, tomatoes and hot sauce, blending well. Spread mixture on tortillas, then roll tortillas. For easier slicing, refrigerate roll-ups until cream cheese is firm. Slice and serve cold with salsa and guacamole.

Hope you enjoy!

Now I have to get busy doing some photo editing and "other" blog posting! Until next time...

No comments: