8/22/09

Home & Doing well

Westynn Cole_0064

Westynn, Jeremy and I got to come home on Friday morning. It was about 11:30 when we arrived home and while it was somewhat comforting to be home, it was also a little scary and a bit overwhelming at the same time.

Westynn Cole_0078

It was like a HUGE reality check! Caring for 3 kids, every single day for the rest of my life! I am really capable of doing this? Guess I don't really have a choice, but it has sure been difficult for me to wrap my mind around.

Westynn Cole

Westynn Cole


Friday was a long, rough day for me. Besides the reality of our new life, my body was finally starting to feel the effects of labor and delivery, my milk was coming in and I just felt completely overwhelmed. I really think they should spend more time preparing you for the changes that come a day or two after you give birth. I think they are probably the hardest part of the whole ordeal. The hormonal changes are unreal and while I know they will eventually even out, it doesn't make it any easier to handle at the moment.

Westynn Cole

Westynn is handling the change extraordinarily well! He just eats and sleeps and is the perfect little guy! He is just too precious for words and I can't get enough of him. If I didn't have the rest of the family and myself to take care of I would just sit and hold him all day long. I have a feeling that this little boy is going to be spoiled rotten....by his momma!

Westynn Cole

I feel extremely blessed that God has given us another little one to raise and care for! Jeremy and I may not have "planned" to have Westynn in our lives, but I definitely can't imagine life without him now and I think God must have known all along what we needed to make our life and family complete!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Adorable! I am so glad that you are all home and adjusting well. Those pictures just make me want to snuggle and kiss him! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home! I love his frown. :). Preston and Cambree will be a wonderful big brother and big sister.

Meg

Anonymous said...

I know you are up to the challenge!

Love,
Traci