11/3/09

Soapbox and photo show

I am sitting here pondering the idea of teaching one thing and doing another. Does this just come naturally for some people or is it something that comes with time?

Now, I don't claim to be perfect or to have always done the right thing, but I do think that I am trying really hard to do the things that I am teaching my kids.

My struggle comes tonight from a phone call I received about a church related issue. I have to start to wonder sometimes if God just looks down on us shakes his head, and thinks to himself "Some people just don't get it."

In S.S. we have been studying the topic How to Listen to God. Lately, He has been telling me that I need to do more to develop a more intimate relationship with Him. The other thing really pressing on my heart and mind is that it's not all about us...church, life, family, things...ultimately it all belongs to Him and He can take it all away at an instant.

Relating this to my experience this evening is not as easily put into words as I would like it to be. I guess what I should have said in the phone conversation was just what I wrote above. That's it's not about us. It's not about when and how often people are coming, but that they are coming to begin with. It's not about doing or not doing things a certain way, it's about praising God and giving Him glory. It's about being a Christian and doing the right thing, because that's what we do. It's about being the bigger person.

Argh....so now I have been on my little soapbox and I don't really feel much better. So let me show you some favorite photos.

IMG_8180_0308
Westynn on Halloween! His first one and he slept through all the trick-or-treating. I'm sure it will be the last one he sleeps through!

IMG_8098
Westynn loves it when Jeremy does a turkey call!

IMG_5843
Watch out! She's armed!

IMG_5632
My future sister-in-law! {I hope} If Russ let's Megan get away I am dis-owning him...SERIOUSLY RUSS!

IMG_7993
She's got her baby ready to go for a walk...just like Mom!

IMG_7999
Opening a present on his "actual" birthday...a tank from Grandma Janis and Papa Rod.

IMG_7890
One of the kids took this, don't remember who, but I think it's pretty good for tiny hands and a big camera!

IMG_7455
I love this little girl and being her aunt! Wish she lived closer so I could spoil her more!

I could go on and on, but I guess I will stop for now and head to bed for a little shut eye. The time change is still catching us!

No comments: