11/5/09

Wednesday With Westynn

westynn B&W

Whew! I am so glad to be back here chatting with you today. I know this is a day late, but last night Mom insisted that I needed to go to bed. She mumbled something about everyone else just having to wait, she needed me to go to bed and then there was something about it being a lot easier if my brother and sister would stop screaming from the other end of the house. Maybe when I get bigger I will understand what she is talking about!

So, the past week...can't say that there was a terrible amount of excitement in my life. I am still doing the normal things I like to do, such as talk and smile at my mom A LOT! I think she is pretty fantastic. I am talking more and more each day and finding that my voice can be soft and LOUD! It's pretty fun to holler and see who comes running.

I am also spending more of my days awake now and trying to get on a little bit of a schedule. However, today I am totally messing with my mom and only took about a 30 minute nap this morning...I am going to try and sleep longer for her this afternoon, I promise :)!

I guess there was one neat, new thing. Something my family kept referring to as "Trick-or-Treating." I am still a little unclear about the whole thing. All I know is that my dressed me up in the ridiculous orange outfit and everyone kept calling me a little pumpkin.

IMG_8172_westynn close

As you can see from this picture, I wasn't all that happy about it. Anyways, Preston and Cambree put on "costumes", again, whatever those are and then we got in and out of the car about 100 times! Mom did have the decency to strap me to her chest, so I just went to sleep. Slept through the whole thing! Then once we got home, brother and sister dumped bags of stuff on the floor and then with the help of Daddy they proceeded to open and inhale whatever it was they had collected. I overheard Momma telling someone that I probably won't sleep through it next year, so it must be something pretty fun, this "Trick-or-treating." Guess I will have to find out next year.

Okay, well I am going to go and try to give Mom a break and catch a little shut eye. You know, it is a lot of hard work for someone with hands as little as mine to do all this typing! :) See ya next week!

No comments: