2/7/10

Lasagna Rolls

Mom and I were talking about this recipe yesterday and she took it to her church dinner today.  I hope her church family enjoyed it.

This is simply a new way of "presenting" your lasagna.  Before I tell you how to do it, let me tell you why I like it.

#1 - I think it is a "cleaner" presentation.

#2 - I think it is easier to serve.

#3 - I think it looks nice.

Okay, so here's the deal.  Use your regular lasagna recipe for the ingredients and we are going to shake up the way we put them together.  Cook your lasagna noodles.  Prepare your cheese mixture.  Prepare your sauce. 

{I don't measure but here's what I like to use for the cheese mixture: Ricotta or cottage cheese, parmesan, mozzerella, egg, little bit of bread or cracker crumb, pepper and italian seasoning.  For the sauce I usually take the easy road and use spaghetti sauce and hamburger.}

Now take your cooked lasagna noodles and lay out on your work area.  Spread a little bit of the cheese mixture on each noodle, the entire length of the noodle.  Again, I don't measure, I just eyeball it.

Roll up each lasagna noodle from one short end to the other.  Making a spiral.  Lay in a greased baking dish seam side down.  Continue until all your noodles are in the pan.  Next, take your sauce and pour over the noodles.  And if you are like us and really like cheese, then by all means, sprinkle some more mozzerella and parmesan over the top.  Cover and bake!

So simple and yet so elegant!  Serve with a fresh green salad and breadsticks for your next Sunday dinner!

Note: I will add pictures to this post next time I make this, until then, just use your imagination!

1 comment:

mom said...

My dish was a Happy one...and many many compliments...so i guess that makes this a win win...