7/12/11

Recipe Binder

One of the things that has been on my "To-Do" list for quite some time is to get a cover and some divider pages made for my little recipe binder.  With my LOVE of the internet and Pinterest, I am gathering quite a collection of DELICIOUS eats and a growing "to try" file!  The only problem was that all those recipes were getting OUT of CONTROL!

Before school was out I spent about an hour one Saturday going through it all:
sorting it into categories
throwing away the things that just weren't going to happen
reprinting the recipes that had food on them
putting them all into page protectors {ah....one of my first true loves I think}

Then I just put it back in the cabinet with the thought that one day when it was peaceful and quiet I would sit down with my computer and make some adorable little dividers and a fancy schmancy cover.

Enter Summer Break 2011!  I need things to do to occupy my days and to keep from driving everyone around me NUTS while I wait and wait and wait for the house to actually start.  What better time to get crackin' on this Recipe Binder "to do"!

Here's my cover:
 I used the digital scrapbooking kit "Mom's Kitchen" by Crisdam Designs.  You can get it here.

I printed it out and put it in the front of my binder...here it is in my binder.

It sure makes me smile to pull this organized recipe binder out of the cabinet now.  Actually, it probably spends more time out being used than put away!

I also made some dividers.  Here they are:

and in a page protector in my binder


And then, because I just couldn't stop myself, I went ahead and re-typed some of my favorite recipes that were just TOO tiny for me to read {I am getting old ya know!}.  Plus, these recipes are much more FUN to use now.  Here's one:

I was even a good girl and gave credit where credit was due on all of my "new" recipe pages!

So, there is one project marked "DONE" off the ol' "To Do" List!

And, I  must say, It Feels Pretty Darn Good!

4 comments:

Robin Allen said...

YOU should RUN to your moms house and do this very same thing ASAP.....or at least print me ahemmmm (her) some cutie stuff and MAKE her use it ASAP...

Becky said...

This makes my SpongeBob (which I gifted one year on the last day of school) folder stuffed full of recipes, which are stuck together with cookie batter and koolaid look PRETTY shabby! ;) Very cute!!

Melanie said...

I had to laugh out loud about throwing away the recipes that will just never happen. .I have to do that periodically too, thinking all the while. ."Yeah, right. .WHAT was I thinkin" Enjoy your new book. I spent quite a while this past winter re-doing our "family" cookbook. .and have really enjoyed having a nice neat book again, without papers flying out every time I open it!

Rhonda said...

LOVE your recipe binder! :)