5/4/12

The Turkey's Turkey's

How's that for a post title?!  Got anyone wondering what in the world I am talking about?

Last Sunday Jeremy and Preston went out for their first turkey hunt of the season.  I had planned on fixing a big supper and so I asked if they would call or text me to let me know if they were going to be back to eat or not.

Just before 7 pm Jeremy called in a whisper to tell me that they would NOT be returning in time for my delicious meal because they were hot on the trail of BIGFOOT!  Yep, those were his words!!  Turns out it was just a bunch of TURKEYS!

About 9 pm Preston called and said, "Mom, guess what?"  I replied with and enthusiastic, "What?!"  I could tell from his voice that he was smiling from ear to ear; "I got my turkey and so did Dad!"

Okay, let me just take a moment to say that when I was a young girl and dreamed about growing up and finding the man of my dreams and having a family, NEVER once did this type of conversation enter my daydreams.  HOWEVER, I get so pumped to get these phone calls and I am so incredibly proud of Preston and Jeremy.

I really love that they have something in common that they both love so much!  Makes me SO HAPPY!!

Enough chit chat.  Here's the turkeys with their turkeys.


IMG_1544


IMG_1549


IMG_1554

Jeremy's turkey had a double beard! Preston tells me that means he is really OLD! (the turkey not jeremy :)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Are you going to freeze those for thanksgiving dinner?? I'll bet the double bearded one is divine!! Hunting is a fun hobby..my boys love to shoot. .not so much to hunt. .but they are all about the shooting!!