12/10/08

I know, I know...

...it's been almost a month since my last post. Where has the time gone and when did I get so busy? Not that I am complaining, it has been a good type of busy. My photography business has really taken off the last month and for that I am grateful. But it has meant more time editing and posting and placing orders and that means my little tidbits of life are getting left out. I have been keeping a little notebook full of blog-worthy materials, they just haven't made it here yet.



Besides the photography thing, I have some really exciting news that I can't believe I haven't posted until now. I have a new neice. Jordyn Paige Wensler was born November 16th @ 3:43 am, weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 19.5 inches long. She is almost exactly the same size as Cambree was and Jordyn has dark hair like Cambree had too! Aunt Janelle says she looks just like Jace only with hair, but I don't see it in the pictures. We won't get to see her until Christmas, but we have gotten to see Grandma Janis's pictures and she sure is a cutie. I would share one here, but I don't have a digital copy and I don't have a scanner. So you will just have to wait until Christmas to see her.



Our other exciting news is that the Sooners are going to Miami for the BCS National Championship game and SO ARE WE!!!! Yay! I can't wait. Jeremy and I have never really had a vacation by ourselves since we started having kids. We have gotten away for a day or two to Wichita or to a ballgame, but nothing like this. We are flying out of Wichita on Wednesday Jan. 7th and back home on Saturday Jan 10th. We are staying here


at the Hilton Doubletree. It's not right on South Beach, but just a short bus ride over there. It will most likely be too cold to swim or lay on the beach, but I LOVE the beach and it will be fun just to be there for awhile. We have our plane tickets purchased and our hotel booked, our only hitch now is transportation. We would like to avoid renting a car, but taking public transportation to the game will take us most of the day. So we are still working on that aspect of our trip. I am so excited, I can't wait to get away for a few days and see a National Championship ballgame...it should be a good one!

Well that is going to have to do it for now. I do have a job I still have to go to, so I guess I should get out of my sweats and put on something more suitable for being seen in public!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I think it is great that you guys are headed to Miami. Very excited for you!

Traci

Anonymous said...

Awww. That sounds like fun. It will be a nice break for both of you.
meg

Melissa said...

I am so glad the photog business has taken off. You are so good at it and I know you love it!
Also, have a blast in Miami! It is going to be so nice there! :)