9/22/09

Fair Day

On Sunday we loaded up the Suburban and headed to Hutchinson for the Kansas State Fair. It turned out to be a decent day and it was the last day of the fair, so there were LOTS of people. A fun time was had by the entire family...here's the highlights of our day.

Preston's favorite part
State Fair
riding the motorcycles. This was the first time the kids have been on "carnival" rides and they thought it was a lot more fun than I thought they would.

Cambree's favorite part
State Fair
a $5 ride on Tonto the pony! After round two she told me she was done, but at the end of the day, she told me this was her favorite part...silly girl.

Westynn's Favorite part of the day!
State Fair
being pushed around in the stroller and getting to sleep all day!

Sara's favorite part
State Fair
riding the carpet slide with Preston and Cambree. They thought this was tons of fun, but the best part was on the climb up. Preston stopped on one of the platforms about halfway up and said, "Wow, look at that view!" I was trying to hold on to three mats as well as Cambree, plus I am not a huge fan of heights, so I was definitely not going to stop and enjoy the view...I was terribly afraid of dropping a mat or worse yet, Cambree loosing her flip-flop over the side! The kids voices and faces on the way down were priceless....I am considering building one of these in our backyard!

Grandma Robin's favorite part of the day
State Fair

State Fair

watching the kids try and keep up with the super-fast melting ice cream cones that Papa Jene bought for P & C! It was Nitro Ice Cream and while it was really tasty, it also melted REALLY fast. We ended up have to ditch the cones and go to cups and spoons! I think we probably went through an entire package of wipes trying to clean everyone's hands up, notice the ice cream dripping from their fingers! It was quite comical!

Papa Jene's favorite part of the day
State Fair
Okay, I didn't officially consult papa on this, but he seemed to enjoy helping the kids feed the animals at the petting zoo. I think his favorite part was actually the getting home part, but I don't have a picture of that!

It was a great day had by all and before we had even made it through the gates on our way home, Preston was asking, "Next year at the fair can we..." This kid is too much like me; likes to plan ahead!

Here are a few more pictures from the day that I just like!

State Fair
Cambree talking to the pot-bellied pig!

State Fair
Me & Cambree waiting on Tonto to gitty-up!

State Fair
P & C riding the roller coaster!

State Fair
More coaster happiness!

State Fair
Jeremy...what more can i say?

State Fair
Papa Jene...I think his face is funny! He was thinking, "Sheesh! $7200 for a mower might be more than even I am willing to pay!"

We can't wait for next September and another year of the State Fair!

P.S. I am getting my haircut in under an hour...if I like it I will post pictures this evening...if I don't, I won't be making public appearances for the next 6 months! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Looks like everyone had a BLAST at the fair. Nothing better than the fair! Can't wait to see pics of the haircut! I bet it is fabulous!