12/8/09

Dec 8 - Significance

Write about the significance of at least one of your items of holiday decor.

Okay, I am thinking that I need more holiday decor....it is getting hard to answer all these questions about our holiday decorations.

Today I want to talk about our Christmas ornaments.
IMG_8741
They were given to us by my Grandma Betty during our first few Christmases after we got married.  They are glass blown, hand-painted ornaments and she gave us a TON of them!  Enough to fill up a tree.  What a great gift for a newlywed couple?  Think about it, who has a tree full of ornaments when they get married?
IMG_8742
We have santas, snowmen, bears, snowflakes...a little bit of everything!
IMG_8744
These ornaments are just beautiful and I love getting them out each year and thinking about my Grandma.  It's almost like I can feel her love with each ornament that I unwrap and hang on the tree.
IMG_8747
I also LOVE our tree topper!  It is non-traditional, a little retro and something that I think is just perfect!
IMG_8751
My Grandma Betty just loves Christmas and decorating...probably more than anyone I know.  I wish that I lived closer so that I could go and take pictures of all her stuff.  She might even go a little overboard, but it makes her happy and I am so thankful that she shares her love of Christmas with us!

"The most vivid memories of Christmases past are usually not of gifts given or received,
but of the spirit of love,
the special warmth of Christmas worship,
 the cherished little habits of the home."
- Lois Rand

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love your ornaments and your white tree!!! How fun!