12/7/09

Dec 7 - Holiday Foods

Describe some of your favorite holiday foods.

Is it just me, or does it seem like a lot of the questions or statements so far have focused on food?  Is food such an important part of the holidays?

I think it must be, because just this past weekend, I was already starting to plan our Christmas dinner.  I am excited, because this year it will be my first "official" Christmas dinner.  In the previous 9 years of marriage we have either been at one of our parents/grandparents houses on Christmas day.  And while I love going to these places and experiencing it all, I am SO EXCITED to have my dad and Jennifer and Russ and Megan coming here to help us celebrate!!

So here are my holiday favorites, most of which will be on our table!

Ham - Dad & Jennifer are bringing
IMG_2070_0158
Turkey Breast - I hope to get Jeremy to smoke it for us!
IMG_2071_0159
Mashed Potatoes/Gravy
IMG_2073_0161
Dressing {Mouth watering now!}
IMG_2072_0160
Hot Rolls
IMG_2077_0165
Corn
IMG_2074_0162
Deviled Eggs
IMG_2079_0167
Christmas Sugar Cookies
IMG_2031_0119
Mom's Fudge {this will probably  just be at her house!}
IMG_2030_0118

This year I am starting a new tradition and we are having Happy Birthday Jesus cupcakes {because you know I can't have a birthday party without cupcakes} and because the sparkling grape juice was such a hit at the hospital...I bought some red and white sparkling grape juice to celebrate with!  I can't wait to see how this goes over and who has the biggest tummy ache!

{All photos are from Christmas last year...Mom cooked...aren't they beautiful?!}

It's no wonder we all gain weight during the holidays!  I am pretty sure I just gained a couple of pounds thinking about all this food!

Christmas - that magic blanket that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance.  Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of rememberance - - a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved.
 - Augusta E. Rundel


1 comment:

mom said...

I think we will do it all again this year and fill our table with peoples that have no place to go...I hope it all turns out as good as last year....YUM YUM!!!!