1/24/10

Pantry Staples

I have another thing I wanted to share and hopefully get some of you to share as well. 

Take a look in your pantry, fridge and freezer and see what are the things that you use on a regular basis.  Make a list of those things and keep it with your notebook or whatever you make your grocery list on.  Then when you are going over the store ad, you can add any staples that are on sale to your list for the week.

Here's a few things that I always buy when they are on sale:

Ketchup
Ranch Dressing
Salsa
Spaghetti Sauce
Macaroni - Pasta
Veggies - corn, peas, green beans
Cereal
Bacon
Chicken Breasts
Peanut Butter
Grape Jelly
Sugar & Other baking supplies I use on a regular basis
Cake Mixes
Toilet Paper (if I have a coupon too!)
Paper Towels
Baggies

So, what do you stock up and save on? 

Any other money saving strategies I am missing out on?

I am off to try and update Stapleton 365...as easy as it sounds to take a picture a day, it's getting harder every day!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I have had as many as 15 bottles of ketchup in my pantry at once when I forgot that I already had a bunch and it went on sale again!!! I simply can NOT buy ketchup at full price--I don't know why not, but I cannot do it--it hurts! I have found out that Borden cheese slices taste as good as Kraft and are cheaper. I also buy millions of little smokies at Christmas when they are cheap to use through the winter for snack nights or card parties. I also TOTALLY miss our grocery store ads being sent--I used to comb through them and make lists too!! There are definately lots of things we can do to save a little $$

Anonymous said...

Pantry staples? I'm guessing garlic salt, chocolate syrup and whiskey.

Your organization impresses me. You are so good at what you do!

Traci