1/22/10

Heavy Heart

Westynn Cole_0070

My heart is heavy tonight! There is so much weighing on my mind and heart.

I sit here in my comfortable chair, thinking about my warm bed when there are so many out there right now sleeping on the ground, trying to keep warm.

Westynn Cole_0068

There are Momma's out there who have lost their babies. Mine are safe and sound in their beds.

I can't imagine what it must be like to have a such short amount of time to hold your child before they are taken Home to be with the Father.

IMG_7324E

And while I believe with my whole heart that this is all part of God's plan, it doesn't make my heart hurt any less for these people.

1st day of school

I have three of the best kids in the world and I am especially thankful for them. God has absolutely blessed us abundantly through our children.

Say a prayer tonight for the momma's without their babies, the babies without their momma's, those without a place to call home, people searching for loved ones...just pray for hope!

Which brings me to a heart-warming moment with Preston. We were watching the Hope For Haiti Now special and talking about the country of Haiti and ethe earthquake. Preston had some very good questions. Where is Haiti? What is an earthquake? How does it start? How many people died? Can we help them Mom?

We talked about yes, we needed to help by donating some money. Preston says to me, "Mom, we could send them food!!!" Eyes light up, full of excitement! So heartfelt from my little man. He has no idea how far away Haiti is or how extremely devastating the earthquake was, but he does know that they need food. And he then says, "and water too mom!"

Our conversation goes on a little longer with things like how the money is used to buy food and water and how those things get over there. So, Wayland if you are reading this, Preston is convinced that since you are in the army that if we send you our money, you can get the supplies and take them to the people in Haiti that need them. If it couldn't only be this simple.

Tonight I feel deeply compelled to DO MORE! There has to be something I can do...it's on my to-do list for the weekend. Be interesting to see what I can come up with...what can we all do to DO MORE?

Westynn Cole
{Here's me during one of the happiest moments of my life!}

Please spend your weekend being mindful of all the things you are so blessed to have in your life!

1 comment:

Grandma T said...

Amen!!! Time to count our blessings. When I see the pictures of the babies my heart aches with wanting to hold and comfort them.