3/26/10

Sad But True

This is so sad and embarassing to have to admit, but the most exciting thing to happen to me in the last {I can't even think of a good time frame} is this...



You are looking at our new refrigerator.  Well this isn't actually ours, it's the photo from the website, but ours should be here in about 10 days!!!  I guess I really should have taken a picture of the old beast, so you could grasp the fullness of my joy.

The old one has "worked" fine for the last 10 years {and an undetermined number of years for its previous owner) but it has slowly been going downhill.  Add to that the fact that it is an energy hog AND it is not pleasing to the eye in the least and you have our wonderful refrigerator.

A few days ago, maybe a week, I mentioned to Jeremy that I didn't think it was keeping things as cool as it was supposed to.  And last night I told him the door wasn't sealing good and you really had to push on it to get it to close.  He replied, "Well, guess you better get a new one."

By the time I went to bed I had one ordered!!  And in the morning when I got up, my email confirmation said it should be in the store, ready for pickup, by April 2nd.  Ohhh I CAN'T WAIT!

{Originally started on Thursday, finished on Friday!}

4 comments:

Becky said...

You know your TRULY an adult when you get excited over appliances!! I got a new one about 2 years ago,and would stand there, looking inside of it, close it, open it back up, look inside, close it... It was so shiny and clean.
Enjoy!!

Janelle Wensler said...

Your going to love it! It looks like mine :) and I love mine. Glad you are getting what you want.

Rhonda said...

Have fun! That looks WONDERFUL. :)

Melissa said...

WOW!!! Super cool! Can't wait to see a pic of it in the kitchen!