3/4/10

Ups & Downs

Since Saturday we have definitely had a week of ups and downs.

Since Tuesday the 23rd, the Stapleton kiddos have been sick. Preston first came down with it, then Cambree got it after her party on Saturday and Westynn has picked up the cold bug somewhere along the way. It hasn't seemed too bad, until today!

IMG_0312

Bless her heart, this little girl is a trooper when she is sick.

She is the total opposite of Preston. Preston is a total drama king and every little thing is a major ordeal. Cambree can have a fever above 100 and you would never know it. She just takes it all in stride and generally rests.

Today was a totally different story though. I thought she had made it through the toughest part of the virus, but I was WRONG! A little after 3:00 pm I went to check on Westynn and when I came back to the living room, Cambree was curled up in the chair and looked to be resting. I didn't think much of it because I thought she was just recovering from her illness. About 20 minutes later Westynn was up and had soaked through his clothes so I was changing him and Cambree started just crying and telling me that her shoulder hurt. Again, I figured she had slept wrong in the chair and had a little stinger. But once I touched her she was burning up and she was unable to calm down. Then she started telling me that her tummy hurt, then her neck. I was getting concerned by the time Jeremy came home. He managed to get her to take some tylenol, but shortly after she said to me, "Momma, my heart is racing!" Sure enough, it was beating a mile a minute.

We ultimately decided that it warranted a trip to the doctor. Since she doesn't complain about not feeling good and she was definitely in some pain. And the fact that it all just appeared out of nowhere gave me reason for concern.

After an hour in the e.r. {because of course it was 5:02 when we got to the hospital} it was determined that it is all a result of the virus. It could possible be mono but we won't know for sure.

I feel so bad for her. She hasn't eaten much since Saturday, but has been drinking at least, so I haven't been worried about dehydration. But she does look pale and skinny to me. I know she will be fine, but it sure is hard when your babies don't feel good and there isn't a thing you can do about it.

I am ready for this little girl to be healthy again!

IMG_0162

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Sara, I hope your family is all well soon! That sure sounded scary about Cambree. I'm glad it wasn't more serious, and hope she is better soon.

Sara, I really enjoy your blog, and it cheers my heart to see a young woman like you being a happy wife and mom! Thanks for all you share. :)