7/26/11

Personalization

THE SCHOOL SUPPLIES ARE OUT!!

I know, I am 30 years old and that is not supposed to be a big deal to me.  BUT, that is when all the cute notebooks, binders, folders, etc are on the shelves.

Anyone who knows me well knows that I might have a small addiction to ADORABLE paper products!  I picked up a couple of cute notebooks the other day at Wal-mart.  They were cute enough on their own.


However, I knew that I could make them even MORE wonderful!  First of all, I took the larger one and drew grids on every 10th page to create a calendar.

It's not perfect, but it is going to be functional.  After trying planner upon planner, I finally realized EXACTLY what I need was basically a notebook with a calendar.  I am not a daily planner, but I like to see my month-at-a-glance.  I looked and looked for something cute out there, but nothing fit the bill.  I figured for $2.97 I could make this work!

I debated about making something up on the computer and  printing it out and gluing it to the paper, but I decided that perfection was not goal here, function was.  So, I sat down with my handy jar of colored Sharpies and a ruler and went to town making my calendars.  I also know that being a list maker, I wanted plenty of room to make lists and to plan events.  I have just that in my new planner.  I also added tabs to locate the months....'cause I am OCD like that!


Then as I sat looking at the polka dot cover I had a brilliant realization that my Silhouette machine could make an incredibly cute monogram for the front.  You know, just in case some other crazy woman had hacked a Wal-mart notebook into a planner JUST LIKE MINE, I would be able to distinguish mine!

Come on, this is CUTE!

I also have the smaller version of this notebook that I plan to take with me to school and use there.  Cambree Jane got a smaller one as well.  We added a couple of monograms to our notebooks and we are two ECSTATIC ladies!


So, don't settle for "off the shelf" when you can personalize it!

I am now thinking that these would make cute gifts {the notebook with the monogram...not all the crazy junk inside}!  What do you think?  Would you like getting a personalized notebook?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those would make great gifts! Fabulous!

Rhonda said...

I love what you did with the notebooks! That calendar/room-to-make-a-list combo sounds GREAT!

Robin Allen said...

aaahhemmm..HELLO my name is Robin and I absolutely love cute office, paper, school-supplies...I may or may not have a problem....please pass me the cute notebook with the
R on it....

Becky said...

VERY CUTE!!