7/7/12

Not Lost

You can't begin to guess how many posts I have thought of in the last 6 weeks....it's finding the time to actually post them that has been the problem.

Here's a quick little recap on some things that I don't necessarily want to have an entire post about.

IMG_1777.jpg

I was in charge of Preston's 2nd Grade end of the year party at school. There were two other mothers who helped and in typical fashion, I was overbearing and 'forced' them to go with my theme of ice cream sundaes!

I filled mason jars with ice cream and tied spoons on with yarn....they turned out super cute and we didn't have a ton of paper bowls going into the trash can. I just packed up the jars when they were done, brought them home and ran them through the dishwasher. It was well worth the little bit of extra time it took to put them together. The kids loved making their own sundaes in the jars.

IMG_1780.jpg

I also put together some cute little summer goody bags and made these cute little tags with some digital scrapbook materials and my Silhouette. I loved them!


IMG_2036-1

I photographed a family at the golf course on a WINDY day! We had a ton of fun and got some great shots. We happen to think their son is pretty special...he built our dream house ya know!!

IMG_2168

IMG_2206

IMG_2202

We blew some bubbles and created cute crime scenes on the sidewalk!

IMG_2290

IMG_2294

Spent some time being country kids...looking for toads and turtles in a puddle after a good rain. Without pants, like the rednecks do it!

IMG_2353

Preston and Cambree went to Camp Horizon for church camp. They had a great time and can't wait to go back next year for overnight camp!!

IMG_2390

IMG_2398

IMG_2402

We watched part of our neighbors pastures burn on a really hot (115 degrees) day. Papa Rod and Dad didn't fight fires, but they were out on their 4-wheelers moving cattle and making sure that all the neighbors didn't lose any cattle because of the fire.

IMG_2380

Westynn and I tried out something we saw on Pinterest. A streak-free, fool-proof formula for washing your windows. The recipe didn't call for using a paintbrush, but it was WAY more fun that way! Plus, the windows did turn out really nice!

Our summer has been going fast, a little too fast. BUT, we have had plenty of time at home to argue and disagree with each other ;).



2 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like you have been busy!! We think making chalk crime scenes is great fun. .and makes me smile for days to come!!

Becky said...

Glad to see you blogging again! I've miss you! Looks like you've been busy!!