12/12/12

Wrap it up

I know that I am probably one of the few people who enjoys the act of wrapping presents at Christmas time. To some I know it can seem like just another chore during an already busy time of year. But, for me, it is one more way to express a little creativity.

I start collecting and saving boxes about October so that I have plenty to use for wrapping gifts. I like to be able to tie them up with bows and ribbons and I have discovered over the years that it is a LOT less frustrating with a box rather than trying to make it work with what is often rather awkward shaped packaging.

The only problem with Wrapping It up is this...

wrapping collage

WOW ~ there is paper, glitter, glue, bling, tulle, ribbon, scissors, tape and heaven only knows what else on that table and floor!

Oh yeah there was this

IMG_4783

my tried and true Dr. Pepper to get me through it all!

I wrapped and wrapped while the big kids were at school and when they got home had a treat for them! I knew it would thrill them to put all these fabulous wonders under our tree and I was RIGHT! You should have seen their eyes light up when I told them what I wanted them to do.

IMG_4800

Of course, they proceeded to pick up, shake and speculate about each and every package. I was a little cruel and didn't put any tags on any of the packages, so they had to guess who they were for. It was a hoot watching and listening to them as they carried the packages from the basement upstairs!

IMG_4803

Only 13 more days until we find out if they were naughty or nice!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I have wrapping envy. Mine always looks like a toddler wrapped them! =P No tags?? BRILLIANT!