4/16/13

Celebrating 85

On April 7th, Jeremy's grandma turned 85!!

We celebrated her big day on the 6th with a small bbq lunch and cake and ice cream at her house.

I have to share the difference between me and Jeremy taking a photo...

I handed him the camera to take a picture so I could get my phone and take a pic with that to send to Janelle. Here's what he took.

IMG_6254

Now, here's the photo I took.

IMG_6256

See any difference? Holy smokes...glad I managed to get one before she dropped that HUGE cake! Westynn insisted that he be in the picture as well. I think she loved it!

It was a beautiful day and our family spent most of our time out in Alda Mae's backyard.

IMG_6208

IMG_6222

Preston insisted that I show you the proof that Papa pushed him down!

IMG_6226

Westynn telling Grandma Janis how to play ball :)

IMG_6243

IMG_6247

Jayden shared some army video with Preston. And then we found this 120mm in the storage shed. One 9 year old was in HEAVEN!!

IMG_6253

IMG_6259

But to complete our day, Jayden took the big kids up to fly his plane!!

IMG_6280

Untitled

IMG_6317

Untitled

When Preston got out he told Papa, "You've got to buy me one of those!"

Westynn got to sit in the plane, but not go up. You can imagine his happiness level!

IMG_6312

Before heading to the airport we took a couple of family photos though...always the guys favorite highlight!! I might have had to use my bossy voice to get the ball rolling so we could head to the airport!

Alda Mae with the great grandkids who were in attendance:

IMG_6273

The grandkids
IMG_6271

The kids
IMG_6266

The whole clan
IMG_6264

I hope that when I turn 85 I am in as great a shape as Alda Mae!!

No comments: