5/18/09

Big Boy Bike

This weekend, we went from this
IMG_5069

to this

IMG_5156

It was decided by MOM that if Preston was ever going to learn to ride without training wheels, he NEEDED to have a bigger bike. He looked like circus clown trying to ride that little bike...a bike the same size as his little sister! RIDICULOUS!

IMG_5183

I had a Dr appointment on Friday {everything looks good...go back in three weeks for my Rhogam shot and more blood work} and decided I was just going to bite the bullet and buy a nwe bike. Jeremy wasn't 100% on board with the idea, but I figured, who cares....kids need to be kids and what he needed was the proper equipment.

IMG_5150

{Look at E.T. in the background there! Love it}

And wouldn't you know that the proper equipment made the task of learning to ride a whole lot more enjoyable for the whole family! Preston was eager to practice, so much so that he about wore his parents out.

Yes I did tag along beside, but I deleted ALL the picture Jeremy took of it. His whole goal was to humiliate me, not capture Preston, so there were some very unflattering shots. Then J finally decided that I shouldn't be RUNNING down the street, so he took over again...and my bulging abdomen thanked him!

IMG_5197

P caught on quite quickly...as long as he could go straight....turns are getting better, but still make us a little nervous. That and he won't go more than one lap without stopping...really tiring for the parent who has to keep getting him started. But at least there isn't as much RUNNING down the street now!

IMG_5178
{J did take this one!}

IMG_5151

And regardless of how it looks {this is my favorite shot of the day btw} there were NO injuries...unless you count the almost concusion CJ got while trying to keep up! Preston went to turn and clocked her with the handlebar! She's tough...she's fine!

IMG_5191

3 comments:

Russ said...

that one of cambree is my favorite picture of all time

Anonymous said...

Your blog often contains photos of your children outside in their underwear. You can't tell me they think this up on their own. Kids learn by example!

Traci

mom said...

I don't know why we buy Cambree clothing, she loves her panties and I guess the neighbors do'nt mind her 'mermaids', she is a John Deer or boot commercial ready to film....Oh and I love Preston's gleeful look as he masters the vigors of bike riding.....hee hee hee