5/18/09

more chocolate!

{I POSTED SEVERAL NEW THINGS TODAY...SO BE SURE AND READ ON DOWN. KITCHEN AND BIKE RIDING FOLLOW}

I don't know what it is with this pregnancy, but I am CRAVING chocolate....didn't have that with the other two!

So I whipped up a batch of these little cuties yesterday!

IMG_5216

Let me tell you first why they are SOOOO wonderful.
1) no wrapper to peel off and no waste of cake on that silly wrapper

2) BITE SIZE!

IMG_5217

3) Quick to make and frost {store bought frosting piped out of a disposable bag and a few sprinkles...Perfect}

4) Perfect size for little hands and just the right portion...they can have 2, which is WAY BETTER than 1 Big cupcake

IMG_5218

Now here's the reasons they are BAD

1) BITE SIZE {read: easy to eat too many...if you are a big person and have big hands and a big mouth...}

2) EASY TO EAT {see #1}

IMG_5219

3) They disappear WAY too quickly! {Guess #3 under wonderful makes this one better}

Here's the trick to making these without the wrapper. Baker's Joy! I would post a picture, but I don't have one...

One spritz in each "compartment" of your pan and they come out perfectly. I did discover that if you let them cool about 5 minutes in the pan after they are done, you will have an easier time getting them out. And the little ones are easier to get out than a regular size cupcake {had to make big ones w/o sprinkles to keep hubby happy}.

The little ones also cool faster than the big ones, so the decorating and eating steps are reached quicker as well....so put a mini-muffin tin on your next list of things to buy and start having some fun with your cupcakes!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yummy! I could eat some of those right now!

mom said...

Hey!... where are our samples????