9/8/09

Blessings

As I was going through the pictures that I had taken over the weekend these pictures of my parents really struck me. These were just some quick snapshots I took while they were sitting there...nothing that was planned. When I saw them I immediately thought of this quote that had been on a card we received with a baby gift.

R&J blessings 10x20

These two are HUGE blessings to our family and we are all so lucky. Our little family is so blessed to be just across town from them. My kids get to see them almost every day and honestly, I think everyone would be lost without our daily contact.

And they just give and give. Not only were Russ and Megan here this weekend, but we had some friends from college here to meet Westynn and my mom's sister and her husband were here on Monday to meet Westynn. My parents never even entertained the thought of NOT fixing lunch for the entire clan on Monday.

And they didn't just fix part of the meal, the fixed the entire thing! Papa grilled some of the best burgers and dogs and earth and mom fixed all the fixin's...potatoe salad, coleslaw, beans, dip, mac & cheese...and it was soooo good! To add to their giving, mom delivered three take out meals that day as well...to people she corresponds with on Facebook {that's a whole other post and we give her plenty of grief about Facebook}.

family_color

A huge thanks to Megan for taking a family photo with our newest member Sunday after church! I just love these pictures...all of us together, dressed up, and usually all smiles! I don't think there will be a time when I won't whole-heartedly say how important I think it is to live near your extended family...especially when your kids are young!

Thanks for being such a blessing to our family and for always taking such great care of us. We have to be some of the luckiest kids on the planet!

Love,
Sara

2 comments:

mom said...

I can't think of nicer people to do this for...Jene and I have both said we miss all the noise and laughter that a house full of kids bring...that is why we redid the kitchen and built Grandma's park..we love our little families and their friends and we want people to feel welcome and happy in our home....WE are the ones that are BLESSED!!!

Melissa said...

I love the family picture! Sounds like you all had a great weekend! :)