12/3/09

Dec 3 - Holiday Joy

What does the word "joy" mean to you? 
 Does it play a part at the holidays?

Joy to me is not just a feeling but a way of "being".  I think we can feel joyful and then we can BE joyful.  Things and people and circumstances can make us FEEL joy at times, but then something always comes along and uproots that temporary joy. 

To BE joy is to realize that no matter what or who or where you are you can CHOOSE to have joy and be thankful and grateful.  People may hurt me, situations may not go my way or some thing might break, but they can not take away the JOY I have knowing that a King was born for me...to save my life, to fill me with peace, to give me hope, to be my constant companion, to be all.that.I.need!

IMG_8677
Joy during the holidays is about my kids!  They bring me joy every single day of my life, but seeing Christmas through their eyes and experiencing the magic right along with them is something I never dreamed about when I pictured myself being a mom.  Each one of the kids has a different personality and they are at different stages and it is just so much fun to help them learn and experience all there is at Christmas.

This year Cambree is excited to be learning that Christmas is actually a birthday celebration.  We are celebrating Jesus' birth!  It's still a little confusing as to why we don't call it Jesus' Birthday instead of Christmas, but for now I am so happy to be seeing the pieces all come together for her!

IMG_8676
This being Preston's first year of "real" school he is engaged in getting ready for his Christmas program.  He is learning songs that he hasn't heard before.  He is relating those songs to his life.  One of the songs has to do with the colors of Christmas and he has been asking us if we know what they are and telling his sister so she will know and informing me that when his brother gets older, he will teach them to him.

Westynn is loving the lights of the tree and all the colorful ornaments.  We lay him down beside the tree and he just stares up.  I am sure he is wondering what in the world this thing is and what it is doing in his living room! Just take a minute and think about what babies and toddlers must think about all this before they really start to understand????

This is my hope for you: peace of mind, prosperity through the year,
happiness that multiplies, health for you and yours, fun around every corner,
energy to chase your dreams, joy to fill your holidays!
- D.M. Dellinger

No comments: