12/5/09

Dec 5 - Holiday Songs

Write about a holiday song that has meaning to you.

I just love Christmas music in general!  I have it playing right now as a matter of fact...Mannheim Steamroller, Christmas Celebration!  I find myself humming Christmas tunes all throughout my day during the month of December.  And occassionally, my kids will start singing the words {if they know them} or ask me to sing the words.

Now, let me just say that I do not have the best voice, but I sure do enjoy singing "loud and proud"....so long as no one can hear me!
IMG_8739
One of my favorite Hymns to sing during church is Hark! The Herald Angels Sing.

Hark! The herald angels sing,
"Glory to the newborn King;
Peace on earth, and mercy mild,
God & sinners reconciled."

Joyful, all ye nations rise,
join the triumphs of the skies;
with th'angleic host proclaim,
"Christ is born in Bethlehem!"

Hark! The herald angels sing,

"Glory to the newborn King!"

IMG_8737

Now, go back and read those words again...slowly...think about them...sing them!  Shout them!  They are wonderful words.

A king was born, the skies triumphed, in Bethlehem God and sinners were reconciled!  The angels are telling us of the terrific thing that is happening. An infant is being born and he will save us!  He will be our companion, our teacher, our brother, our father, our SAVIOR!!!  How awesome is this? 

Go. Sing. Shout. Rejoice!

GLORY TO THE NEWBORN KING!


No comments: