12/6/09

Dec 6 - Meaningful Symbols

Write about one symbol of the holidays that has particular meaning to you.

Wow!  These questions and statements are really making me have to think...but that is a good thing, because I am learning to slow down and really relish the holidays and all of the things that make it what it is.

As I was thinking about what to write a thought came to me.  The symbol that has the most meaning to me is a decorated house and here is why.  Birthdays are a "BIG" deal to me.  They always have been and always will be.  I go to great lengths to make sure that everyone in my family has a spectacular party with decorations to match!  Why wouldn't I want to decorate my house in the same way for Jesus' birthday?

Granted, we do have some Santa's and some Snowmen and a gingerbread house sitting around, but it's all to celebrate the birth of our Savior!  Next year, when I am grumbling about having to drag all the boxes in from the storage shed, I will stop and remind myself that I am decorating for the most important birthday to ever occur! 

Amen?!

At Christmas, all roads lead home.
- Marjorie Holmes