5/29/10

Great Day!

So, today is my milestone birthday…29 on the 29th!  I am glad that I am old enough I can appreciate this.  To honor my birthday and as has been tradition, here are 29 things about me {in random order!}
  1. It really irritates me when the internet is NOT working!!
  2. I got married when I was 19.
  3. I used to HATE iced tea, until I  married Jeremy and now we drink gallons of it all year long.
  4. I just noticed peanut butter on the back of my hand from helping Preston and Cambree make pinecone bird feeders.
  5. I enjoy being in the kitchen cooking and baking for my loved ones.
  6. I am a “tech geek”.  An iPad is on my wish list!
  7. I am going to have 2 kids in school in August…how did that happen?
  8. I like to wear dresses and skirts, even though up until now I haven’t had the opportunity to wear them much.
  9. Having dirty kids doesn’t bother me.  I would much rather have rings around the bathtub and clothes that are impossible to get clean than kids who are pristine.
  10. I LOVE it when I upload pictures to my computer and get a surprise picture!  My kids love the camera like I do.
  11. I just learned there are 45 elves at the N. Pole…according to Cambree!
  12. I am hooked on the Twilight saga now.  I needed a summer reading project and thanks to Jennifer, I had the books just sitting in my closet waiting to be read.  I am on the second book already and it has only been 3 days.
  13. My new job is fantastic!  I am going to LOVE it.
  14. I have a sickness.  I am a surface abuser.  If there is a flat surface I will be the first to make a pile and cover it up. {it’s genetic, my mother has it and so does my grandma betty!}
  15. Dr. Pepper is my drink of choice.
  16. I am so lucky to have my parents just across town and my in-laws just 20 minutes away.
  17. Being “momma” to three kids is so much better than I ever dreamed.  And having three is exactly how it was meant to be.  I always knew I wanted three, then Jeremy convinced me two was enough….little did we know that a mother’s intuition would be right!
  18. I like to watch kitschy Christmas movies…all year long.
  19. On road trips, I like to be behind the wheel!
  20. My heart skips a beat when Jeremy laughs at my jokes.
  21. I love raising my kids in the town I grew up in and that they have some of the same teachers I had.
  22. I am a sucker for anything with a zebra print.
  23. I love the water!  The pool, the lake…bring it on in the summer!
  24. I want a travel trailer so that we can enjoy family camping trips.
  25. I share my birthday with my nephew Jace.  I will be 50 when he turns the age I was when he was born!
  26. I miss my grandma Frazier and wish she was here to see me raise my kids.  I know they would adore her and she them.  I know she watches over us, but what I wouldn’t give to see them interact. 
  27. In two months I will have been married 10 years!  Holy cow!
  28. There is nothing more exciting that planning a PERFECT party.  The more extravagant the better!
  29. Birthdays are a BIG deal to me….they should be celebrated with cakes and parties and love and laughter!
     Our tradition has become to have a "picnic" at the park for my birthday! Here's our lunch date this year.
    2010

      3 comments:

      Becky said...

      I love this Sara! One of my very first posts I blogged was like this. It was called Random Me I think.
      Happy Birthday!
      I LOVED the Twilight series and have read them so many times I've lost count! Michelle and I are waiting anxiously for the next movie to come out on the 30th of June! =)

      mom said...

      Love this and this family.....WE aRE lucky we have you!!!

      Rhonda said...

      Glad you had a great birthday, and best wishes! Enjoyed your list. :)