8/12/11

Basement Bath

Well we had to choose a shower for the basement bath this week.

Okay, we are still in the "thinking" about it stage!

Since it is the basement bathroom, it won't get a lot of daily use right now, but hopefully will be the "boys" bathroom once they are a little older.  We decided on a smaller shower, 36 x 36, and it looks like we are going to have room for a 30" or 36" vanity.  Obviously, we will also have a toilet!

Below is a rough, rough floor

plan of our basement bathroom.  This is NOT to scale, but it gives an idea of how things will be laid out.


 I had two things that were critical in the design of all the bathrooms.
1) I don't want to step out of the shower and be standing right by the toilet.  For some reason that just grosses me out.  Not that our toilets are that disgusting, but I just don't like it.
2) I don't want to be able to see the toilet if the bathroom door is open.  Not a huge thing, but if we could work it out, then all the better.

Lucky for me, Jeremy and Kelsey were very accommodating to my needs!  HA!  Actually they were.  They talked it all through and we managed to work it all out.  In the picture above you step out of the shower towards the vanity and the door swings in towards the wall, opposite the vanity.

Click on the link below and you can see my Pinterest board for the basement bath and see some of the things I have picked out for it.  Of course, these choices aren't set in stone, but I am pretty confident that most of them will remain the same.

Basement Bath Pin Board

I will probably use the shower curtain that we have in our master bathroom now downstairs.  It has greens and turquoises in it.  Right now the bathroom is painted green, but I don't know if I will do that downstairs or not.  I might try to keep it more neutral so that I can switch out the accessories more easily!  Don't tell Jeremy....he will consider that an evil plan!

Well, only 999,999 more decisions to make!! Next up...WINDOWS!




2 comments:

Janelle Wensler said...

Looking good! Our shower that we put in our basement in Iowa was about that size and I thought it was plenty big and your tile you are using looks alot like our tile in our new house! Love IT!!

Melanie said...

Exciting changes going on. I really have appreciated the way that our BR door opens toward the toilet, and you can't see it as you walk into the room. Good thinking!