2/28/12

Super Six Year Old!!

IMG_0471


This super special, spectacular, sassy, six year old has celebrated in grand style from Saturday until her actual birthday yesterday!!

Her craft party on Saturday was a complete hit and I think the 4 girls who came had a wonderful time. We did several crafty projects that I can't wait to tell you about....I just have to wait for all the pictures to upload to my Flickr account.

Dear Cambree Jane,

You are the Dr. to my Pepper, the Sun to my Shine, the Sauce to my Spaghetti, the Beat of my Heart!!

The older you get and the more you mature, the more amazed by you I become!! Someone said that you look at other people and it doesn't matter to you what they can or cannot do, you are their friend regardless. I admire that about you and admit that even I fall short in this area. If we would all take our cue from you the world would be a much brighter and happier place. Full of love and joy and happiness!

It's crazy to think that I am the mother and yet I catch myself thinking that I should be more like you. You know who you remind me of in SO many ways? Your namesake, Loretta Jane, my grandmother. You are so much like her it is uncanny! She would have loved you to the moon and back a million times just like I do. I would give anything to have seen the two of you together!! I hold on to the hope that the reunion you will have in heaven is going to be full of giggles and hugs and such a blast. I hope I am there to witness it!

Determination. That is always a word that comes to mind when I think of you. You are not going to let anything stop you from reaching your dreams. I can tell that just by watching you accomplish the small, simple tasks of life. Like tying your shoes. Lot's of kids your age can't tie their own shoes, but you took one look at your new shoes and decided that you were going to tie them yourself. And you did. Several times. And I bet that you have done 1,000 cartwheels through our house trying to get them just right! In the last 4 months you have improved so much and it is obvious that you love your gymnastics classes and that you want to be the best!

One of the other things that I admire most about you is your positive attitude. For the most part, you don't let failures get you down. Got tagged out while playing baseball? Oh well, head to the dug out and get ready to play in the field. Messed up a picture you were painting? Oh well, get a new piece and start again. Mistakes and failures aren't a big deal to you. They are just part of life and you handle them and move on. I wonder at times if you realize how wise you are? And if you will carry that wisdom with you as you continue to grow. My prayer is that you will.

Your tender, loving heart is what I love most about you. You don't like to see people hurt or upset and you are the first one to lend a helping hand, or to ask someone to be your partner when others ignore them, to offer a Kleenex or even a simple hug. Boy do your hugs have a healing touch too! They can bring me out of a funk in a hurry. You are such a reminder of how blessed we are in life!!

Cambree Jane, until you have a daughter of your own who looks just like you and makes you want to be a better person, you will not understand the love or appreciation I have for you. I don't take time near often enough to thank God for letting me be your mom!! You truly are one of my biggest blessings and my greatest joys! I love you to the moon and back a million times!!

Love,
Mama

No comments: