4/3/13

Easter ~ Part 2

Once all our friends had left from our egg dyeing party , we quickly took that down and got ready to host Easter Dinner the next day.  Lucky for me, my mom, mother-in-law and friend were helping with the food!! Most of our prep was just cleaning up and re-setting the table.

IMG_6145 IMG_6146 IMG_6147 IMG_6148 IMG_6149 IMG_6150 IMG_6151

Sunday morning the kids and I headed off to Sunday School. Then Jeremy met us at church for the service. My favorite thing we do after our Easter service is a balloon launch.

IMG_6137

IMG_6140

IMG_6142

It was back to the house to finish up dinner before our guests arrived.

My parents
Jeremy's parent
Our pastor and his wife, Gary and Cindy
My Sunday School teacher and mentor, Barbara
My friends and mentors, Ron and Pat

14 total to devour our meal of

Ham, cheesy potatoes, brown-sugar glazed carrots, cream peas, homemade hot rolls, veggie tray, deviled eggs, strawberry salad, carrot cake, chocolate pudding dessert, and hedgehog cookies.

IMG_6154 IMG_6155 IMG_6156 IMG_6162

It was SOOOO good!!

BUT

you'll never believe who showed up after dinner!!

IMG_6165

CAPTAIN AMERICA!

The Easter bunny brought this get-up to our house. It is Wednesday afternoon and this boy has yet to wear anything BUT this costume!! I have felt much safer since Sunday :)

Finally, here's a typical Easter picture of my kids...Cambree cooperating, Westynn in drag, and Preston looking like a goofball!!

IMG_6166_A


Oh how these kids make me SO HAPPY...when they aren't giving me grey hairs, lol!!

Easter is right at the top of my list of favorite things to celebrate! It's in the spring, which I LOVE. There's food, which I LOVE. There's craft projects, which I LOVE. But most importantly, it is the cornerstone of my faith...a RISEN savior, which I LOVE!! A new covenant. The forgiveness of my sins. The resurrection. A not-so-gentle reminder of leaving my old ways behind and clinging to the new hope of the Lord.

Before I go let me ask you if you have been watching The Bible mini-series on the History channel?  It's over now, but available on DVD.  You will not regret this investment...it is truly an amazing overview of the Bible!  It doesn't include every verse or story, but how could it? It ends with the cruxifiction and resurrection of Jesus ~ perfect for Easter!!

If you have been watching it, what do you think?

"The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.  He is not here; he has risen, just as he said.  Come and see the place where he lay.  Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee.  There you will see him.' "  Matthew 28:5-7



1 comment:

Melanie said...

I would like to purchase that series. .Jeremy and the kids have seen a few episodes. .and mostly their big take home is that the skin color differs from the videos that we already have. .much confusion :-) I have heard it is really good!! love your decorations!